Senior Downstream Process Engineer/Chemist
- Lead technical aspects of downstream process development of scaleable processes within the scope of quality and techno-economic targets.
- Manage junior scientists and engineers, provide guidance and mentoring on design of experiments and data interpretation.
- Identify, recruit and manage consultants, contractors and facilities to address downstream process development needs of the company.
- Identify, evaluate, and manage potential partners for downstream processing at pilot scale and lead technology transfer.
- Develop a strong team culture that rewards collaborative work.
- Analysis and presentation of technical data, experimental parameters and results. Summarize results in graphs, figures, written reports, and presentations.
- Oversee all documentation, reports, and presentations of downstream process development results. Preparation of technical summaries, roadmap updates, and any other supporting information needed by the CEO for presentations.
- M.S. or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or a related field; B.S. level considered with additional relevant experience.
- 5 - 7 years of hands-on lab/pilot experience developing industrial biochemical downstream processes and/or chemical processes.
- Ability to plan and execute experimental plans independently, while regularly aligning priorities with project team to ensure experiments are focused on critical project needs.
- Experience optimizing relevant unit operations such as liquid-phase chemical or enzyme reactions, centrifugal separations, filtration, membrane separations, chromatography, evaporation, and other concentration/drying technologies.
- Experience managing third party facilities and managing projects.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve chemical process issuesand applying common analytical methodology to characterize process streams.
- Experience working across organizations in partnerships, collaborations, or technology transfer situations.
- Clear, concise written and oral communication in English.
- Proactive and efficient communicator with ability to build credibility with collaboration partners.
- Effective at communicating with leadership on results, plans, and resource requirements.
Experience in the synthetic biology, food ingredients, or biological manufacturing business is a plus.
Competitive biotechnology package offered, position open immediately.